Friday 26 June 2015

Ta Darrr!!! The Mangle

Hello out there

I have finally gotten around to taking some pictures of my mangle. I bought this from a Salvage Yard/Junk Shop in Leeds in March because I just loved it. Its so utilitarian-ly lovely its pretty!  I knew I could use it for something, ideally a country or vintage styled wedding entrance display. 

So here it is....


It is perfect with a basket on the bottom shelf for cards.


I put a vase of Foxgloves, Clematis, Peony and Rosa on the top shelf and trailed 
Honeysuckle and Clematis around the legs down to another vase at the foot.


A bow at the other side echoes this and a single full bloom Rosa adds to the softness.


For the pics I put a simple Wedding arrow but you could have a Welcome sign 
or a row of jam jars with candles or wild flowers in, 
or just the Bride & Groom's names.


It is an easy one to dress, there's so much you can do with it.
I put some pearls spilling out of the card basket and some rose petals on the ground. 
It makes an ideal place for presents to be placed, still looking pretty.

For anyone who is interested the mangle is made of pine and cast iron with neat little rubber rollers. Its late Victorian/Edwardian in age, so from the 1980s to 1910. And it is probably from a well to do house because the rubbers are very neat, far to small to be dealing with heavy washing, and only a richer household would have a mangle just for delicates!

Have fun, I'm sorry the pics are a bit dull, the sun shone til I was all set up, then left me!

The mangle is available to hire throughout Yorkshire, with or without flowers and accessories.

See you soon, Karen x




No comments:

Post a Comment